What a school year it has been!
We went from enrolling Samantha in preschool, then to whatever the mystery program of Transitional Kindergarten (TK) was, then back to preschool because TK was canceled, then back to TK with several weeks of tears every time I left her. Which then turned into tears every time I kept her home because taking her every day to school didn't fit in my schedule!
After completing the school year, (yes we had awful attendance but I PROMISE we will do better in REAL kindergarten), I am 100% confident we made the right choice. We ADORED Samantha's teacher. We loved all that she learned and she is definitely prepared for kindergarten which I've decided is a little more intense than it was back in the day. I mean, homework four nights a week for a five-year old?! (Which in turn means homework for the parents...).
Last day of school party!
Saying goodbye to Miss Trainor.
Receiving her TK medal of completion.
Saying good-bye to friends (Samantha is 1 of 5 kids transitioning to a new school)
Playing the last of games together
You would need an extra room to save all the worksheets/homework Samantha brought home and on the last day of school she brought home a HUGE bag of it. I took pictures of some and recycled the rest which honestly were recycled several times because once in a while she would find her school work in the trash and pull it out. I know that happens to other parents ;)
I love this one because it has her signature sentence on it, "I see the cat." I think this is the first sentence she learned how to write and we find it written all over the place by her.
Translation: "I can not wait to see my friend Angelina." Angelina is an old preschool friend who went off to Kindergarten a year before Sam but the two will be meeting up at the same school next year.
Daddy was always sending notes to school in Sam's lunch and backpack. :)
![]() |
| Last day of school |
![]() |
| 2nd day school |
1st day of school with Mrs. Alzina, the principal
I received a sweet gift from Ms. Trainor and the kids for being the Room Mom for the year. The card had an awful lot of "I Love You's" on it. Very sweet!
Samantha is happy enjoying the summer with no school, a few camps and more one on one time with me since Thatcher is in preschool 2 days a week. Until Kindergarten......

















No comments:
Post a Comment