Sunday, June 9, 2013

Random May Photos


Incredible fundraising event for Angels Foster Care at the Four Seasons Biltmore.  Thank you Leanne for introducing us to this cause. 


Guess whose legs these are in the tap shoes?


He's got skills! 


Sweet Lolly. 


Running the stadiums with a 3-year-old is not a way to make one feel in shape. 


Thatcher's first college lecture.  

I was involved in a mentoring program with Grey Matter Marketing for Marketing 101 at Santa Barbara City College and when a sitter cancels last minute and you are supposed to be in class, you bring your 3-year-old. 


He posed like this all on his own.


And it was his idea to unbutton his shirt....


Sam's school was rewarded with an afternoon of running through the sprinklers for improving their test scores. 



Sam's class took a field trip to the Fairview Gardens. 


It was her first time on a school bus.  And my first time on a school bus in a LONG time.  They've got seat belts now but damn the smell of a school bus is the exact same!


Fairview Gardens is really a sweet place to visit.  


All the kids got to plant some seeds, pick fresh strawberries, feed the goats, chase the chickens and we gathered underneath the largest mulberry tree I've ever seen to hear all about how the farm works.  Next year I will get my act together sooner with enrolling in summer camps as I am sure the one they offer is really special but it was full.


Samantha's latest piece of art work.


Making the kids exercise with me. 


You are never too young to plank ;)


Thatcher asked if he could sleep with me on the couch for his nap one afternoon.  How could I not say yes?  My arm was asleep after about 10 minutes but I remained in that position for over an hour because I didn't want to wake him up. 


One of the instructors from the Fairview Gardens came to Sam's class to demonstrate making different smoothies.  Samantha was so excited to show me what she learned. 



A little night time soccer (and typical Samantha with the outfit she chose). 


We enrolled Samantha in AYSO this upcoming season so we've started to practice since prior to this we haven't had her in any sports. 





Thatcher was so proud of this note from his teacher and he is very proud to demonstrate his acting roll for you.  


Thatcher's new gift from Dancing Grandma.  


Working on her splits with Barbie. 




Special gifts from Colonel Proctor and Mrs. Janelle.  



Nice end to a LONG day ;)

No comments: