I thought I hung up my running shoes for good after the Team GSF Santa Barbara Relay last year. I could barely run the 4 miles (while everyone around me was passing me and running 5 x's longer than me), my knees hurt, I was out of shape and I just figured I am not a runner.
Well fast forward to last week and things have changed although I still wouldn't classify myself as a runner but I am doing much better thanks to a fabulous trainer that I have been working with since the beginning of the year. I've been running again, sometimes up trails, sometimes up and down hills and running four miles for me now is my warm-up. Did I really just type that?!
The Chardonnay 5K and 10-Miler was last weekend and I joined my friends for a Team GSF practice run. I opted for the 5K even though I felt pretty confident I could have done the 10 miles (slowly) but here is where the "I am not a runner" comes in, I had a social event that same evening which consisted of high heels and being able to walk in heels was more important to me. See, real runners would have ran the 10 miles and real runners can still walk after a long run, I can't! hee hee ;)
I loved getting to run along side the Strong family, especially Gwendolyn!
And just like that, the 5K was over.
Ronda Fallon 35F
Santa Barbara 25:09 8:06 2/31
Women 35 To 39
And can you believe it, I got 2nd place in my age group?! I was just as shocked as everyone else! My time really wasn't worthy of placing, I just lucked out that all the serious (and fast) runners stayed home. I definitely improved from my last 5K shaving off about 6 minutes!
And 2nd place meant I got a medal!
Proud moment ;)
Proud family ;)
It is exciting to be apart of this team!
And here is where I am going to publicly commit to the half marathon in November (slowly though) ;)













4 comments:
you wear that medal well!
I am so super proud of you!
Ronda I am so stinking proud of you! You are a runner and medal winner at that! Go Ronda go! I'm looking forward to cheering you on in person for the 1/2 marathon. xoxo
My wife kicks ass...awesome job luv!! :)
Post a Comment