Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Preschool and TK Update



Tierney and Thatcher 

(on a side note, I worked with Tierney's mom many years ago and I am so glad we've reconnected by having children at the same school).



Thatch reading Tierney a story. 



It's all about insects this month at preschool.



And planting seeds.


And finger painting.


And bug projects.


And snakes too!

In the past month they have had visits from rescue dogs and

the police department and not pictured were visits from the fire department, a trip to the duck pond and one of the teachers brought her horses to school. 


Of course Thatch was sent home with an accident report.  If we filled one of these out every time he had an accident out of school, his file would be pretty thick ;)


Happy notes!




And this is what Sam does...


Lots and lots of worksheets....



I'd say preschool is a lot more fun ;)  And with that being said, Sam skipped half the week last week.  She definitely wasn't feeling 100% but I also could tell she needed a break. So we took one.  My idea of what Transitional Kindergarten should be is a little bit preschool/a little bit Kindergarten.  Too bad my idea is not the same as the school district..... And with that, Samantha sure doesn't have the best attendance but there will be plenty of time for that in the coming years ;)


No comments: