Samantha lost her first tooth but it wasn't the way we thought she would have lost her first tooth...
It was an extraction by the dentist. Long story short, last year she cracked one of her molars when eating a nut and it caused damage all the way to the roots and it began to die. We had two choices, a root canal or extract it. We went for the extraction.
And have you ever seen someone so happy to get an extraction?? Not only did she get a tooth pulled, she had to get a cavity filled too. I was really proud of her, she did awesome! She did wince a little bit when getting the Novocaine shots and I think the sound of the drill scared her but the laughing gas they administered kept her calm. I think I am the one who needed the laughing gas because I had a front row seat for the entire procedure and watching (and hearing) a tooth get pulled was not fun.
All swollen and numb.
The tooth fairy left some fairy dust
and a sparkly five dollar bill! (note: the going rate for the subsequent teeth she loses will be significantly less especially considering the dental bill we now have.....)
The new tooth will not come in until she is about 10 years old,
so she will have to get a metal space maintainer to hold that space so her teeth don't move. :(
CHEESE!
And yes, mid-appointment I blurted out that I'd take her to the toy store. After seeing/hearing the tooth get pulled I couldn't help it. So far she has no loose teeth so the tooth fairy is hanging up her wings for now but not for long I am sure considering all the five-year-olds I see with missing teeth.






1 comment:
Brave little girl! Glad it all went well. Looks like Lyman's background but can't really tell. And by the way . . . we have that same weird pillow thingy too (Home Sweet Home). : )
Post a Comment