At Sam's 5-year check-up she measured in at 44 1/2 inches tall (90%) and 37.5 pounds (25%).
After the nurse left the room, things got a little silly while waiting for Dr. Abbott.
Back to being serious....Samantha checked out healthy and then Dr. Abbott left the room which meant the nurse came back in to do the dirty work.
FOUR shots and a finger prick. That is a fake smile ;)
And as luck would have it, about five hours later we were back at the doctor's office because this little guy was complaining that his eye hurt. It wasn't the oh you are the second child, here is a dose of Tylenol, you will be fine in the morning crying, it was the mom I can't see, it is dark, I can't open my eye, help me cry. I know my Thatcher, he was begging to have Dr. Abbott see him! So back to the doctor we went.
And look what I brought home? A PIRATE!
Upon Dr. Abbott putting dye in his eye, you could see a neon scratch from one side of his cornea to the other. I actually could see it without the dye and tried to remove what I thought was an eyelash.....ouch!
The good news is that after some antibiotic drops and some rest, it healed within a day and I would go so far to say he would probably take that pain all over again to be given a pirate eye patch so that he could go around shouting ARRRRRR and SHIVER ME TIMBERS to everyone again!












1 comment:
wow poor Thatcher! OUCH!
Post a Comment