Saturday, November 3, 2012

Passports

We decided that we needed to get the kids passports for two reasons.  #1, if I see one more last minute travel deal out of the country that seems too good to be true, yet we can't claim it because the kids don't have passports,  I am going to freak. #2, my best friend moved to Holland and we are missing them, really, REALLY missing them! 
 
I've got travel alerts set up for flying into Amsterdam and so far a smokin' deal came through my inbox, like really smokin'.... but you fly into Moscow first..... I am thinking some of these cheap flights will send us around the world before we see our friends but Moscow would be cool, right?
 
 

 
Pajamas, check! Happy to get his photo taken, CHECK!


 
 
Complete with Dumb and Dumber hair-do

 
Sam, not so happy to get her picture taken....

 
Hello Mug Shot!
 
 
And hello totally different picture.... Long story short, applying for a passport and the paperwork is RIDICULOUS!  You apply at the post office and they have all these crazy rules and passport application hours that change by the day and then finally when we found a day/time that both Todd and I could be present (because you both have to be there), they said Samantha's photo (mug shot) was not the right size..... FRUSTRATING!  The good news is her Take-Two photo was much better ;)

 
The crazy thing is, we applied for the passports and got them 11 days later without expediting them.  It is a sign .... I think we need to get on a plane ASAP ;)
 

2 comments:

The Hall Family said...

crossing my fingers for a smokin' deal!

Stone Family said...

It is definitely a sign! We miss you guys soooooooooo much!!! And we have lots of fun things we want to share with you here. So get on that plane and come visit us!

And I totally agree getting the kids passports is a huge pain but now you have the freedom to see the world at a moments notice.

Love you guys. Xoxo