Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fall Happy Hour

Todd and I hosted a Fall Happy Hour a few weeks ago.  We invited all of our favorite families and ended up having a great turnout.  We missed many of you but we are excited to make this an annual event!
 
 
Todd decorated the house to "spook" things up!

 
Cocktail napkins courtesy of Ms. Holley!

 
Appetizer spread compliments of Trader Joe's (easiest way to go!)




 
We set up a couple of activity tables so the kids could keep busy (or better yet so the adults could have a break).

 
I hired two mother's helpers to keep the kids busy (and safe).   Jessica is amazing with all the kiddos!
 
 
And Sofia is just as excellent and I feel very lucky that she is my neighbor ;) 

 
Curious Caden, such a sweetie!
 
 
Elena, Solei and Marina

 
Mer and Holls

 
Sean and Ethan

 
Tia and Tara

 
Us

 
Twinsies!
 
 
Jill and the very popular Baby Sky as you will soon see....

 
Dr. Phil and sweet, SWEET Leila.  And when I say sweet, I mean it.  Sweetest toddler in the world!  That night she asked me what I was going to be for Halloween and when I told her I wasn't dressing up she genuinely looked sad, like I had broken her heart. I should have lied!

 
Marty, Mason and the back of Max!

 
Beautiful Mimi!

 
Sweet Kalista

 
Note for next year: The Michael's Haunted House Gingerbread kit is hard and messy even for an eleven year old to assemble....

 
Sam and Sophia took matters in to their own hands and licked the frosting bowl clean (smart girls!)

 

 
Asher chose to skip the mess and chaos of the gingerbread project (smart boy!)

 
Holley and sweet Sky

 
Bella and Samantha were in Cake Pop heaven!
 
 
We LOVED having our friends Marty and Mimi and their two boys, Max and Mason over.  Traditionally we have always gotten together with their family around this time of year and we have not done a very good job of keeping that up.  We are going to make sure that doesn't happen anymore.
 
 
They look pretty good with a little baby girl, right?  See a pattern here, Sky was a hot commodity!
 
 
The girls!
 
 
The boys!

 
The party started at 4 PM and I am guessing it is about 10ish now???  And so now things are getting a bit silly....
 
 
Don't knock the wine in the box.  This isn't your mother's Franzia!  This is premium stuff, better for the environment and you get more for your money. 

 
It might be past 10 now...
 
 
And now Samantha is taking care of Sky...

 
And Thatcher... 
 

 
Meanwhile in the kids' room, Thatcher was is awe of Asher. 

 
And Asher....


was pretty smitten with Samantha.
 
Our friend Brent's twin girls helped close down the party watching movies with all the kids.

 
Partied out!
 

 
And oh yeah, Domino's was ordered at some point.....
 

3 comments:

SB in SB said...

super, super fun party! i do hope it's an annual event. which means you'll have to put up with us drunk idiots until the wee hours of the morning. bonus!!! ;-)

Stone Family said...

whaaa whaaa whaaa. Boooo whoooo. Wish we were there! Miss you guys and all of those other folks too.
boooo whooooo whoooo.

Jillian said...

FINALLY caught up with your blog. DYING of the pic of the love birds, no not me and Adam, the other love birds Sam and Asher. That was a fun night. You should host a winter happy hour.