Thursday, October 4, 2012

Touch-A-Truck and a Barbie Party

A couple Sundays ago, we attended two events that couldn't be more on the opposite sides of the spectrum! The PEP Touch-A-Truck event and a Barbie birthday party for Samantha's friend Angelina. Both landed on the same day, at the same time. Todd and I did a divide and conquer so that everyone was where they needed to be and more importantly, everyone was happy!


Samantha had no interest in going to Touch-a-Truck once she put this outfit on.
 
 
But, she quickly changed her mind once she saw her friend Reese.

 
 
Samantha got to spend about 15 minutes climbing on trucks, police cars and ambulances before we needed to head out to the Barbie party. 
 


This is Sam with Angelina who turned 5 (look how petite she is compared to Sam and she is a few months older too!)
 
 
There are a few friends at Sam's preschool that she misses so much and Angelina is one of them.  Angelina went off to kindergarten this year but there is a chance that these two will be reunited again next year since we are in the same school district. 




 
Samantha is having her first can of Coke (Auntie Holley you must be so proud!)

 
Shaianne is another preschool friend Sam misses that went off to kindergarten this year too. 

This party was truly a Barbie Dream Party!  Or I should say a Samantha Dream Party! Make-up, face painting, a bounce house, a pinata, a snow cone machine, cake pops, cake, candy bracelets, boas, sunglasses, ring pops, glitter tattoos, nail polish ......
 
 
And while we were up to our ears in pink and sugar, Thatcher was doing manly stuff at Touch-a-Truck with his dad, like sitting in an army helicopter and every other type of vehicle you can imagine.




 
 The hair, the outfit, the shoes.....Oh Thatcher!
 

 
It is WAY past nap time at this point.

 
This face painter lady was BUSY because she was the same lady who painted Samantha's face at the Barbie Party!  I am not sure where she went first but she must have been zipping all over the 101 freeway that day.


 
Todd painted the signs again this year.  Nice work babe!


 
Apparently Thatcher got stuck upside down in a corner pocket of this bounce house.  There were a few moments of panic when Todd could not find him and then everyone was yelling and screaming when they located him.  Who knew you can get lost in a bounce house?!



 
 
 
And then once again, we all met up with each other, this time back at the Barbie party just in time for cake much to Thatcher and Todd's delight!


 
Samantha was looking a little "Barbied-Out" as we left the party.
 
Naps were skipped, WAY too much sugar was consumed, happy girl, happy boy, eventful (tiring) Sunday!

1 comment:

-Jen said...

Ok, trying to compose this comment in the least creepy way possible... ;)

I found your blog through Marina's, since I was born & raised in SB I love seeing the fun things other families do in the area.

My little guy and I were at the Touch-a-Truck event too and after playing in the firetruck for all of two minutes with his buddies Hanna and Dominic he caught sight of that bouncy slide. We literally spent the next couple HOURS there... with me continually saying, "Don't you want to go see the trucks/helicopter/police car/ambulance, etc." I told my husband later it was the most expensive slide we've ever gone on!

I actually saw a Dad with a little boy and thought to myself, "Hey, that looks like Thatcher". :)

Naturally as soon as I was buckling him into his car seat he asked "Can Diego go see the helicopter, firetruck and big trucks?" ::sigh::