Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thatcher's Potty Training Reward

I had started a potty training chart a while back for Thatcher and basically we abandoned it.  We did stickers for a few days but then the chart remained blank on days that he was accident-free which was pretty much everyday! Although Samantha was potty trained a few months earlier than Thatcher, he was SO MUCH EASIER!  With Sam, I was so done with changing diapers especially since Thatcher was a newborn at the time and I was headstrong about only having one kid in diapers.  She was potty trained shortly after turning two but not without a bit of a battle and a lot of accidents.  At 2 1/2, Thatcher was ready on his own and the whole process has been a lot smoother.
 
 A few weeks ago, Thatcher saw the chart and asked me why he doesn't get to put his stickers on anymore and when does he get to go to the toy store? 
 
 
I let him fill up the chart with stickers and told him today was the day!

 
And goofy smiles were to be had!

 
He told me on the way to the toy store that all he wanted was a microphone. I am not sure where or why he got the idea of wanting one. Unlike Samantha's trip to the toy store for her good behavior last month, Thatcher did not agonize over what he wanted.  He picked out a silly (cheap) blue microphone and then we came outside for a photo and he gave me more goofy smiles!

 
We had a lunch date at Chipotle...

 
and then you guessed it, more goofy smiles!



 
So proud of you goof ball for being such a big boy!
 

No comments: