Look past the fact that this behavior chart looks like a 5-year-old made it. Obviously I am not the artist in the family and to be honest, I made this chart out of frustration one night after Samantha tested my patience one too many times....
I won't tell you exactly how many days this chart has been up but I will say she could have had 2 trips, almost 3, to the toy store by now.
How do you lose your sticker?
1. Making requests without using manners
2. Fighting with brother
3. Talking back/giving attitude/eye rolls
4. Whining!
5. Messy room/dishes not brought to sink/dirty clothes not in hamper
6. Delaying nap/bed time
In Samantha's defense, it is not easy to earn a sticker as a 4-year-old with our rules. We give one warning and then after that the sticker for the day is lost. If she asks for something and forgets "please", sticker gone. If she leaves a shoe on the floor that should be in her closet, sticker gone. She sometimes gets her warning and then loses her sticker before 8 AM. Those 6 stickers on the chart were glorious, GLORIOUS days!
At sticker #10 we've told her that we will take her to Toys R' Us and she can pick one thing, ANYTHING and we will buy it for her. I am not too worried about price as she normally goes for the junk below the cash register but if she chooses some crazy video game system or electric ride-on car, we will gladly buy it for her because of those awesome 10 days!

1 comment:
Wait, your kids test your patience? That's sad. I feel bad for you. I've never had to have that experience.
Post a Comment