Thursday, August 16, 2012

Grandma Marilyn

We are really lucky to have Grandma Marilyn (Dancing Grandma because she is an amazing ballroom dancer) come up to watch the kids for me all the time and also have the kids down to stay with her.  A couple weeks ago the kids spent the day with Papa Ward and Grandma Marilyn and this is the email update I got:

Hi,

Both kids are napping now....Thatcher on the guest bed after 2 stories and Sam on our bed. This morning they had breakfast...didn't eat much oatmeal then park and library for books and DVD rental......Thatcher got SpiderMan and Sam a girlie one. Then we came home and went in the pool. Samantha floats really well when she knows she can stand up and touch. She just needs to propel herself and she will be swimming. I can't wait. Thatcher is Mr Fearless...jumps off the jacuzzi into the big pool and trusts you will bring him back up. I think he could be swimming this year if he had constant exposure. They asked for tuna so I made it with onions and celery the way I do.....didn't think Thatcher would like it but he ate three quarters. Sam ate a whole sandwich and they had milk with a little chocolate syrup in it. Thatcher went on the potty..1&2....good for him. When they got up they want to go in the pool again. They have been very good. Oh I meant to say that they both brushed their teeth. Thatcher let me do his which he wouldn't before when he was here. We'll see now how long the nap is. Todd said they were tired and I should have an earlier nap. Wish I was better with the pictures and video. I tried at the park but don't know if it turned out. Just wanted you to know what was going on.

M

How's that for an update?!
I know it is not easy to have Samantha and Thatcher all day.  Just yesterday Grandma Marilyn was up here and took the kids to the park and wouldn't you know, both kids had to go #2 and there was only a porta-potty.....They sure know how to make it easy for Grandma......

Thanks Grandma for all you help!! 

xx












1 comment:

Stone Family said...

What a lucky family you all are, makes me wish Leslie lived closer to us.
Sweet post :)
xoxo