Wednesday, August 15, 2012

7 Year Anniversary

On July 24th, Todd and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary.  We planned to celebrate, just the two of us, at our favorite restaurant Arigato.  When we were first dating we would go there at least once a week, sometimes twice, even sometimes two nights in a row!  My how times have changed since two has become four. ;)  And wouldn't you know it, those extra two got to tag along on our date when our sitter canceled at the last minute. 


Someone was excited not to have to stay home with a babysitter!


So excited she wore her tap shoes to dinner....









Sam impressed us with her ginger paintings.


While Thatcher impressed us with his eating skills by having two orders of edamame beans, two miso soups and a huge bowl of rice.
 
After dinner we walked (Samantha tapped) across the street to Petros for dessert.  Our waitress was very sweet and made our desserts all fancy with candles.



Both kids thought they were at a birthday party.  I guess it was our anniversary's birthday so not a total loss but then they started wishing for things like dinosaurs, princesses, cars......
 
 
Since no pictures were taken of the two lovebirds on their anniversary, here's one when we first met about 9 years ago looking all young and relaxed.  To be honest, we actually didn't mind sharing our special evening with our two munchkins.  I'd say that 75% of the time when the four of us go out to dinner somewhere nice it usually ends up in a disaster but for some reason that night just clicked.  No one was climbing under the table, no drinks were spilled, we weren't rushed through dinner and both kids ate their meals.  I'm not saying that we want them joining us on our 8th anniversary dinner but you know what I mean. ;)

2 comments:

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Happy anniversary! I always beg Spencer to just bring the kids along, even on our anniversary. :) Glad it ended up well for you.

SB in SB said...

i completely love that sam wore her tap shoes! and i'm completely jealous that you let her. i would beg my mom to let me wear mine in public (ok, it was actually to church) and she refused.