The fabulous FIVE were back for another Peabody Talent Show. The girls really, REALLY, wanted Thatcher in their dance again this year. Which is surprising because of the "annoying little brother" issues we have at times.
Video: First practice
As if I had to tell everyone reading this that I choreographed the dance, but just in case, yep, I did. ;)
We only had a few days to make up a routine for the try-outs and while I tried to keep my "Dance Mom" mentality out of it, the four girls were SUPER disagreeable with each other on which moves to do, who was positioned where, what music they would do, what they would wear and on and on. I stepped in, took charge and well, it didn't turn out too bad. There were definitely some tears from some of the group when I didn't let them keep some of their original moves but we had to get this thing moving AND GET PAST THE TRY-OUTS! And it was MY DREAM to be on stage! j/k But really, four 9-year-old girls trying to make a decision together on a dance routine was pretty painful.
Video: MOM-ager videoing for the rest of the group.
Yes, after our first practice, we had to do some video lessons.
However, I quickly learned that Stella's mom, Jenny, is MOM-ager #2.
The Try-Outs!
Feedback from the judges American Idol-style.
Video: The Try-Out
I couldn't help including this. How cute is this group of MOM-agers?
Video: MOM-agers in action
And......................
They made it!
Just a couple of kids getting ready in their GOLD pants!
So the original plan was to have Thatcher in a different outfit, however when he found out that I was looking for something other than the gold pants the girls were wearing, he wasn't having it. He also wanted the gold pants. And a gold chain AND a gold rhinestone hat. So, there ya go!
At what age does the duck-lip-peace-sign go away?
Video: And here they are, the STARS of the show! ;)
Video: And, I can't forget the other stars.
Seriously, this is one of my favorite events of the year, how talented, sweet, unique and fun are all these acts?!
Wrap party at Harry's!
Looks like some of the talent show judges had the same idea!
Yes, Thatcher wore his gold rhinestone hat to school the next day. He wanted to wear the pants but I told him to save those for a later date. Which he did. Stay tuned on that.
I hope you make the cut for next year's show with your sister but if not, I have a feeling he'd be fine on his own performing ;)


















No comments:
Post a Comment