Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Student of the Month - Thatcher

I was pretty sure that every student was awarded Student of the Month at least once in kindergarten, however, it was approaching the final days of school and Thatcher STILL had not been chosen. Even Thatcher kept asking me when it was going to be his turn. I finally asked Mr. Silva, "Are you skipping Thatcher for Student of the Month?!" To which he replied, "Saving the best for last!" Of course! That makes sense! ;)


The teachers try to keep the awards a surprise from the kids. Samantha and I snuck into the kindergarten room quietly and sat in the back hoping he wouldn't notice but he spotted us. I wish I could have gotten a picture of his gigantic grin when he saw us because he knew why we were there. He was so proud! 





"The MOST IMPROVED on being focused!" WHAT?! lol Imagine those first 8 months of school! 


Samantha at Thatcher's age, receiving the "Good Citizen" award. 


Could these two be any more different?! 


Video: Thatcher receiving his award. 

Here's to being more focused in the first grade! 

No comments: