It was Sports Day last week at Peabody and guess who was in charge of Samantha's classroom banner?
Remember this last year?
Sports Day is a competition between the grade levels doing various sports activites along with a cheer and banner contest. Last year, Samantha's K class came in somewhere around last place for the Red Ninja banner because it was TOO GOOD. We learned after the fact that you have a better chance of winning when you actually let the children participate. Noted.
So, this year's sign came out like this. I don't know about you but it doesn't look like a 7-year-old participated, right?
Samantha is extra proud that her daddy is ALWAYS asked to do the creative volunteer work around school. Not sure how Daddy feels about this extra job especially knowing that there will be two at the school next year...
Getting ready to parade the sign during the Battle of the Banners.
And guess what happened?! His sign got FIRST place! Our assistant principal, Mrs. Bolton, was the judge and I inquired about her choice because while I do think it was the best, it didn't look like any of the first graders helped. She said, "I chose it because you could tell the kids had a hand in helping and it was nice that all the names were included." I hope you are not insulted, Todd ;)
This year's cheer took second place.
And now onto the sports….
My phone died at some point but I will reveal the results to you. Samantha's class blew away the other first grade classrooms. I'm happy to say it was partly due to their Tree Frog sign and also that her class is very VERY athletic. When it came to the handball competition, they were WAY above the rest of the classes. So much so, that the results were questioned. Guess who was the scorekeeper? ME! I swear it was fair. I had to defend the high score that they had with a bunch of first graders behind me backing me up! That was stressful...
On a side note, later in the day I noticed a name written in with a black sharpie. Poor Raul, we realized that we used an old class list and forgot him and several other names were no longer in the class. Oh well, the judge didn't seem to notice ;)
I'm glad Todd won 1st place because I am pretty darn sure he will be making two signs next year ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment