Thursday, May 21, 2015

Academic Showcase

Last week, we went to the Academic Showcase at Peabody School. This is where current classrooms display all the great work the students have done throughout the year and the whole family visits. It is also a time to visit next year's classrooms and meet the teachers. This year was extra special because not only did we tour the second grade classrooms for Samantha, Thatcher got to take a walk through all the kindergarten classrooms. 


Thatcher is so SO excited to start kindergarten. 


Earlier that day at preschool, Thatcher did a science experiment with his teacher (the old Alka-Seltzer-olive-oil-food-coloring-in-a-bottle-trick = a lava lamp science experiment) so when I told him he'd get to go to a weekly science lab he was thrilled! 


The kid has no idea what the heck science is but he liked the idea ;) 


Thatcher is going to have a lot of friends at school already. He's known around the school as "Badger" due to several kids who actually thought that was his name! The name Thatcher is proving a lot harder for younger kids to say. Most recently I overheard a little girl calling him "Fat-Cho".  He responds to everything and I've stopped correcting. Oh well. 


In Samantha's class we collected a huge envelope of artwork and she gave us a tour. [not my best photo]



Here are some of my favorites: 













Okay, and drum roll, Samantha's latest ceramics class piece: 




Yikes!

Samantha took me in the auditorium where this was on display and we laughed and laughed and cried with laughter. Samantha said, "It's the scariest thing I've ever made!" I agree. 

No comments: