Wednesday, April 15, 2015

First Grade Happenings

We had Samantha's winter conference and received her progress report. Lots of E's and 4's ;)





Guess we need to work on "listening attentively" to get that to a 4.


It's smooth sailing so far in first grade. 


Here's some of my favorite work she's brought home lately:


I thought it was so random she chose Denmark to compare to Santa Barbara. 


I've expressed concern about her continued use of phonetic spelling but again was told it will begin to disappear more and more and to enjoy the cuteness of it. Most of the time they don't even correct her. I'm not sure how I feel about that but I must admit, "Younavers" is kind of, sort of cute for "universe". 


She went from amusement parks, to Europe to La La Land… Oh the places Sam will go! 


I love Samantha's reason for why she brought 100 pink and purple Legos to school. What she meant by, "My dad thought it was a good idea" was that "he had hit his limit on this homework assignment". 



Samantha's kind heart for her buddy Gwendolyn. 


Women power. We are good at jobs AND "jods". ;) 


There's been a lot of dress-up days at school:


Crazy Hat Day (That's my hat from when I was little).


Crazy Sock Day.


Mix and Match Day.


Running club ended with a mud run AND


dodge ball! 

Can you spot Sam? She's a fierce competitor when it comes to dodge ball. Complete opposite of me when I was her age. I used to fake a stomach ache when we had to play because I hated always getting hit in the head.


Ice Cream for the finish!


Lots of cinnamon roll Fridays. 


Selfies with Mom. 



Happy first grader! 


A group of us bid on a date to the movies with her school teachers at the school auction.  Such a fun day for all of them! 


Kickball is her thing at recess. 


Online homework. Times have changed! 

Great work in first grade Sammy Sam! 

No comments: