Sunday, November 23, 2014

Peabody Fun Run


Samantha ran her longest race to date, a 5K, in the Peabody Fun Run held a few weeks ago. 


Starting line!






and 3.1 miles later, the finish!


I wasn't letting her beat me in. My limited amount of race knowledge I did pass down to her, "start off slow, pace yourself and sprint into the finish!" She left me in the dust as we neared the finish line. 


This was near Halloween so there was a "costume optional" thing going on that we didn't subscribe to.


No big deal, 3 mile race done at 6-years-old. 


Official time: 32:05  There were moments when she asked to walk but we persevered otherwise known as me grabbing her hand and dragging her a bit saying, "no walking, we are going to make it the entire way running no matter what pace." ;) 



And my MOMagering worked as she won 3rd place! Should have been FIRST given the category was 5 to 8 year-olds boys AND girls. Only beat by two boys and one of them was 8….. But I kept my mouth shut ;)


Post race photo with her buddy Lolo. 

Next year, perhaps I'll sign her up for the 10K option and drag her a little further ;) 

1 comment:

The Hall Family said...

That is asweome! Love it! And love Lolo!!