Since Samantha's birthday fell on actual Thanksgiving this year, having a birthday party on or around the actual day was going to be pretty hard. Frankly, every year it is going to be hard finding a date with friends in town but this year was definitely harder than others. So, Samantha was given a choice for her birthday to pick a special trip. Her choices were along the lines of Disneyland, San Diego, etc., ya know, six-year-old vacations. Without hesitation she ignored my suggestions and screamed, "PALM SPRINGS!" We had taken a family trip there last summer and she STILL talks about it as being one of her favorites.
My kids are such good car sleepers!
A sign that we had almost arrived!
We wouldn't be having the 100+ degree weather in Palm Springs in November but 70's work for us too.
We stayed at the beautiful Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort and Spa.
Samantha had her suit on and was ready to go swimming the moment we arrived.
We walked around the hotel grounds to take a look at all the pools they had.
We ended up choosing the smaller pool right outside our hotel room for the first day.
After an afternoon of swimming, we were off to Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel
The kids loved the "taxi" golf cart rides around the resort.
The birthday girl insisted I take a picture of the chandelier.
Thatcher obviously is challenged when it comes to selecting the right things at a Thanksgiving buffet….
I, on the other hand, was not.
A very special day to be thankful!
The next morning I found Samantha up before everyone else writing in her journal that we gave her as a gift.
Translation: Today I am going to Palm Springs. It is going to be hot there. I just went to the pool. It was fun. I went to dinner and then went to the pool. Now I am going to bed. Then I woke up. Then I went to breakfast. Then I went to the pool. Then I went to the game room. Then I went on the water slide. Then I went to the pool and played Marco Polo. Then I went to a party. Then I went to dinner. Then I went to bed.
Rough life for a six-year-old.
We had duck friends outside our hotel room each day.
More pool time.
Thatcher will "swim" anywhere with his inner tube on.
But also made sure to have equal time spent lounging and snacking.
Silhouette fun.
Lots and lots of running around the property.
The grass was so green and so perfect!
Golf cart ride to another pool.
The jacket and coffee are because it started to get a little chilly and rainy.
The change in weather didn't stop these two from going down the water slide.
Thatch stayed clear of the slide ;)
Video of water sliding and swimming in the wading pool.
Golf cart ride back to our hotel.
Front row seats for the Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
A stream of Selfies to pass the time before the program started.
A local high school's choir sang Christmas carols.
The tree was lit!
Santa and Mrs. Claus made a visit.
Not so sure about Mrs. Claus. She seemed a little too young (and blonde) for Santa.
Christmas cookie decorating.
A Charlie Brown Christmas played on the outdoor screen.
We had dinner and listened to live music at the Fireside Lounge at the resort.
Then ended the evening watching Christmas movies in our room.
And look who showed up the next morning?

























































2 comments:
What a beautiful fun birthday and holiday vacation. Love all the activity.Maybe next thanksgiving again? Love Mom
what a fun birthday celebration! hope i get invited to sam's next destination birthday! i absolutely loved her journal and the jumping silhouette photos! hard to believe that little girl is a big ol' 6 now!
Post a Comment