Day 3 in Palm Springs and she is still writing in her journal. So proud!
Translation: I just woke up and had a special surprise. My Elf came! Then I went to breakfast. Then I went to the pool. Then I got in the shower. Then I went to dinner. Then I went to the movie theater and it was fun. My favorite was Olaf. (editors note: Olaf is the funny snowman in the movie we saw). Then I went to bed. Then I saw my Elf. Then I went to breakfast. Then I went to the pool. Then I went to the game room. Then I went in a jump house.
Translation: Sorry Frisbee (editors note: That is the Elf) for knocking you over.
Mama had to move a little bit to compensate for all the non-moving we did on the pool loungers.
Lovely wreaths down the halls.
Brunch in the sunshine.
Hydrating after my run.
Throughout the property they had different kid zones set up.
This little guy will sun bathe anywhere.
How they do it in Palm Springs.
Out of her way, time for the pool!
Out of his way too!
Samantha was hailing golf carts like a pro at this point.
Since kindergarten started, naps have fallen by the wayside.
For this guy too only because of our schedule but that doesn't mean that either of them don't still need them. What ends up happening is they fall asleep in the car or on the couch or in this case, at the pool.
Quick cat naps and then it was back to more of this.
I tried my best to throw Sam over that net. No such luck.
Future water polo player maybe?
I suppose we need to get rid of that Spider-Man inner tube first...
Being silly on the way back to our room.
Gorgeous palm springs afternoon.
Fruity drinks from the bar.
Off to dinner at the Yard House at The River at Rancho Mirage.
Mac and Cheese Queen.
Burger King
The birthday that keeps going on and on and on.
We saw Frozen at the movies. Super cute movie!
Another great day for this six-year-old.
On our last day we had another breakfast at the hotel.
Spent some time in the resort game room.
By the way, Thatcher started to take on other kids in the room and he was holding his own.
Then the sunshine came out and we were back at the pool although Thatcher made himself right at home at the bar ordering another fruity drink. Someone thought we were still at an all-inclusive…..
We took advantage of the 4pm late check-out and just swam and swam in the sunshine.
Speaking of swimming, look at our little swimmer in this video. Talk about improvement. In the first part you better believe we were ready to dive in and save her with her frantic doggy paddling across the pool but as the day went on she got a lot more confident. And surprisingly, even little Thatcher ditched the Spider-Man inner tube for a few seconds. ;)
And just like that, we returned home with the kids sleeping exactly like we had arrived.
Happy Birthday Samantha!












































2 comments:
Love part 2 of birthday trip. Sammys swim skills are improving.This summer she will be swimming like a fish. Thatchie will be right there also. love mom
wow, look at sam swim! very exciting! and i love that thatcher was king of air hockey!
Post a Comment