Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Name Game

At preschool Sam's teacher asked her how she spelled her name and she said very confidently, "S-A-M". Her teacher told her that was not her full name. Sam wasn't exactly sure what she meant by that and told her again, it is just "S-A-M".  Poor girl is all confused with her various names.  Anyways, she has since learned to spell the whole thing and is very excited about it.  I should probably teach her "Sammie" or is it "Sammy"???

Thatcher's latest is he has finally learned to respond to the question, "What is your name?"  Prior to that, strangers were met with the most confused look from Thatcher and I'd have to explain to them that he is only one and has no idea what you are asking.  But now he responds with "Chat-cher".  They look at me wondering what kind of name I gave him.  They really look confused when he responds saying his name is "Enchilada".  We have no idea why he responds that way sometimes....



No comments: