Saturday, April 23, 2011

Watching Movies


I love this photo. Sister and brother watching a movie together (well to be honest, Thatcher happened to sit next to her for a few seconds and I snapped a picture). 

The Wizard of Oz is the current favorite in our household right now.  I've introduced Samantha to Annie and The Sound of Music.  I love that she likes to dance and sing to these movies.  Plus, it is such a breath of fresh air from Dora, Max and Ruby, Curious George, and Little Bear. And what's up with all the commercials on Nick Jr.?!

Sam: "Mom, will you buy me a Pillow Pet?" 
Me: "You already have one." 
Sam: "But I don't have the unicorn one." 
Me: "Maybe for your birthday." 
5 minutes later....
Sam: "Will you buy me a Happy Napper?" 
Me: "A what?" 
Sam: "It is a pillow that is a pet." 
Me: "Isn't that a Pillow Pet?"
Sam: "No, it is different, it is a Happy Napper."
Me: "Maybe for Christmas...."
Sam: "I sure like those Lelli Kelly's shoes and they come with a cell phone that has make-up in it!"

Then a Polly Pocket, Barbie or some other Mattel treasure comes on the screen and we start over.....

By the way, when these Munchkins appeared on the screen Samantha yelled, "Those little boys sure look a lot like Thatchie!" 

I hope not  :(

No comments: