Today when I picked Samantha up from preschool her teacher, Ms. Katie, came over and asked me if Samantha ever tells me how she likes to lead the ENTIRE school in prayer before lunch.
NO, she never tells me this!! To be honest, if it weren't for the preschool calender, notes from her teacher and the artwork she gets sent home with, I would have no idea what she does at school because when I ask her she says, "I played."
Ms. Katie went on to say that each day they ask for a volunteer to stand up in front of everyone with the director, Ms. Susan, and lead the prayer. Apparently Samantha has been requesting to be the leader on a daily basis first thing in the morning. Another teacher, Ms. Cindy, told me how serious she is about it. She clasps her hands, speaks real slow and clear and is really thinking hard about what she says.
I had to ask, "What does she pray about?"
Today they said it was quite random and went something like this, "I am thankful for the birds. I am thankful for my lunch. I am thankful for my lunchbox. I am thankful for the trees. I am thankful for all the children. I am thankful for babies. I am thankful for the tables. I am thankful for the playhouse. I am thankful for the trashcans. I am thankful for the milk......" They said she went on and on and was looking around at anything near her and saying she was thankful for it. They had to give her the "wrap it up" cue because everyone was hungry!
So proud of my little leader ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment