Now that I am back to work part-time, Todd’s mom has been a HUGE help with coming up here to watch the kids for me. I do have a regular babysitter that helps me out but nothing compares to Grandma! The good thing is that I am able to work from home and my hours are very flexible, so I still get to be with my kids the majority of the time, but I have created a better balance for myself with getting to have some adult interaction, exercise my brain AND I’m getting a check again!! I even had a vendor meeting the other day, you can imagine the anxiety I had trying to find some business attire in my wardrobe after not working for so long.
Today Grandma helped by having Samantha to her house. And for Sam, this is a bonus because she gets to see Papa Ward. I even got a mid-day update with pictures about all the fun stuff they were doing.
They started off the day at a bicycle shop where Samantha got to try out all the different bikes. Word has it that they were eyeing a certain two-wheeler bicycle ;) Then off to the library they went where they checked out a stack of books for nap time and then they went to the park, then swimming, then played hide-n-seek, then played dress-up and then and then and then...... They manage to pack in more activities in one day than I do. No wonder why she never wants to leave them!

It was so nice for me to have the day to myself, well almost myself, I still had Thatcher (and Lollipop). But after having two kids with me most days, all day, having one is a piece of cake! In between checking things off my to-do list and getting some work done, we got outside to enjoy the beautiful weather at Butterfly Beach.
I LOVE that Thatcher does not eat sand, Samantha would shovel it in! However, just like Samantha, he runs top speed for the water! When he wasn't trying to swim out to sea, he was in his glory checking out seashells, seaweed, sand, throwing rocks and dragging around sticks. It is so fun having a little boy!









2 comments:
Thatchie looks like such a big boy running around on the beach!
He really does look so big and so damn cute!
Post a Comment