Thatcher had his 1 year doctor's visit on Friday. Unfortunately when Dr. Abbott checked his ears, he saw that he had the start of an ear infection in one of them. This is his third ear infection he has had which concerned the doctor. When babies have their forth or fifth earache he said they start to look into having tubes put in their ears. So, he is back on antibiotics and hopefully since we are at the end of cold/flu season he won't have another one. You would never have known that Thatcher was sick. Tough/Happy little boy!
I love this picture. It is as if he is watching the scale making sure he hasn't gained too much ;) And I was surprised by how small he was. He seems so much bigger to me than Sam was at this age but they are almost exactly the same size.
Height: 30 inches (55%)
Weight: 21 pounds (35%)
Samantha at 1 Year:
Height: 29 1/2 inches (73%)
Weight: 21 lbs (50%)
The good news about Thatcher's weight is that because he is over 20 pounds we can now turn his car seat around to face forward.
Thatcher lucked out with not having to get any shots because we had to postpone them until the earache is gone. He did however have a needle prick to the toe to test his iron and then some other needle prick test on his arm that I can't remember what it was for?!?!? I think I was still processing that he had another earache that I zoned out when she was doing the second test. And in true Thatcher style, no tears on either test.
Other than the earache, the appointment went great. I did inquire about the verbal difference between Samantha and Thatcher at this age. I have video of Samantha at 1 year and she is talking A LOT. While Thatcher does say some words, he doesn't say nearly the amount of words Sam was saying. Dr. Abbott said not to worry because girls are way ahead of boys when it comes to talking. He said boys are more concerned with playing trucks and getting into things while girls are more interested in chatting.
What is new with Thatch:
- You can ask him a question and he shakes his head and says, "No, no, no, no." It doesn't matter what you ask him, the answer is always "No".
- The pitter pattering of his feet walking all around our house is so much fun.
- Peek-a-Boo is STILL the best thing ever to him. He even plays it by himself. He will cover his eyes with his hands or throw a blanket over his head and when he uncovers his eyes he says, "Peek!"
- He loves playing with trucks and zooming them all around the house making "vroom" noises.
- He spends a lot of timing throwing a tennis ball around the house and then chasing after it.
- He mimics being on the phone and will hold anything up to his ear and say, "Hi!"
- He almost has 12 teeth! The "almost" is his 4th molar popping through. Side note: The #1 comment I get from strangers besides, "That kid should be on TV," (not bragging, just sayin') is, "WOW, look at all those teeth!"
- Still taking two naps a day, sleeping through the night from about 7 to 7 and got the boot from his parents' bedroom to the hallway. Making progress, (slowly), on merging the two kids into one room ;)
- He still is an excellent eater and since he isn't attached to the bottle, we are going to take it away as we transition him to whole milk. He has so many teeth that I worry the bottle may create some issues if he has it any longer.
- Unlike Samantha at his age, he has absolutely no separation/stranger anxiety. He reaches his arms out to everyone, even strangers at the grocery store, for them to hold him. He is so easy going. I better keep my eye on him ;)


1 comment:
Phil and I were just talking about how advanced Samantha was verbally. And Leila also puts anything and everything up to her ear and says "hi". So funny.
Post a Comment