Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weekend Getaway - Part II

Day Two began with breakfast at Wilma's Patio in Newport Beach.


Table Texting.....


If you would like to catch Thatcher in action with this orange, click PLAY

After breakfast we met my parents in Irvine at the Pretend City Children's Museum.  Pretend City is exactly what it sounds like, a pretend city complete with a grocery store, bank, farm, restaurant, doctor's office, gas station and so much more where kids can pretend to do all the things that grown-ups do.  





 


We were there on the opening day of the Curious George exhibit.  Samantha LOVES Curious George.  We have to read out of the Curious George book each night and every morning she wants to watch the show.   
More TEXTING

 
Curious George even made an appearance
At first I was surprised that Samantha was not too enthusiastic about meeting him.  She wasn't scared, just not interested.  Then I realized that he had to be one of the worst character actors I have ever seen, right up there with Santa Paws a few years ago.  He could barely walk and needed assistance from a few workers to even stand.  I am pretty sure that Sam knew he was fake or drunk, I am guessing fake.  ;)



We ended the day back at the hotel watching football, playing ping pong (I am the champion), eating pizza from Gina's and going in the pool. 

Stay tuned for the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!

No comments: