It has been a busy week in the Fallon household. My parents, as well as my sister and her family visited us, but I will have to blog on that later as half of the pictures I want to post are on my sister's camera and she has yet to send them to me (Dear Michele, send me the pics!)............Oh and then there was Easter, Samantha went to gymnastics, Thatcher is a month old......so much to catch up on!
But first, I thought I would tell you all about PEP! PEP (Postpartum Education for Parents) is an organization that I both volunteer and serve as a board member on. PEP is a local non-profit group made up of trained parent volunteers who help ease the transition for new parents with a variety of helpful services.
One of the services we provide is a new parent discussion group. This is where I met all of my close Mommy friends and what made me decide to give back to our community and volunteer. Last November and December, I had the opportunity to lead one of the new parent discussion groups with my friend Marina and it was such a great experience. Here are a few photos from the group we led:





Another service we provide is a class called Baby Basics, which is designed to inform soon-to-be parents about the many choices available regarding baby care. One of the topics that we teach new parents is how to bathe a newborn. And guess who was the model bath baby this past Saturday???
That's right, baby Thatcher!
Here is a picture of the little guy in his birthday suit:
For someone who went from working full time in an office to becoming a full time stay-at-home Mom, PEP is something that gives me the mental stimulation that is sometimes missing in my daily tea parties with Samantha. Not that I would ever want to give up our tea parties ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment