Last week Samantha tried a gymnastics class at the Santa Barbara Gymnastics Club. She was in her element with all the running, jumping, tumbling, climbing and hanging. She absolutely LOVED it!
The only issue is that it is a very parent involved class, you don't just watch them from the sidelines. Miss Independent Samantha must have said, "NO, I Do It Myself!" a thousand times. While all the other parents were helping their kids go across the balance beam or catching them as they jump off something, Samantha was scaring the heck out of me running away from me and refusing any help. Several times I would just close my eyes and hope for the best. Plus it is hard to chase after her while I have Thatcher with me.
While Samantha left the class excited and ready for more, I was exhausted! We are definitely going to enroll her but I am thinking a Saturday class might be better so that I can have a little help from Todd. The poor thing asks me daily to put on her "lelatard" and if we can go to "jenastics".
While Samantha left the class excited and ready for more, I was exhausted! We are definitely going to enroll her but I am thinking a Saturday class might be better so that I can have a little help from Todd. The poor thing asks me daily to put on her "lelatard" and if we can go to "jenastics".
Here she is getting prepared for class:
2 comments:
How fun!!! :) Kyla does gymnastics at the SBGC also!! She LOVES it too! Samantha and Kyla sound very similar in their independence! I was,luckily, able to get Kyla into the 4-6 year old class, which is nice because I can watch from the sidelines.
Very energetic! Looks like something Sophia should do to burn off all her energy. But then again, I might be the one burning energy chasing after her!
Post a Comment