Thursday, April 15, 2010

Art from the Heart

Samantha and I met Karen Putnam, owner of Art from the Heart, about a month ago and she invited the little budding artist Samantha to an intergenerational art class. It is an art program for all ages, from 6 months to 106 years young. It was held at the Samarkand Retirement home here in Santa Barbara which, by the way, isn't a bad place to end up at. It had the look and feel of a high-end hotel with cruise ship activities. Residents were playing shuffle board, taking dance lessons and lounging by the pool. I am sure there is maid service and BINGO, sounds good to me!

Karen led the group through several art activities and songs. It was really sweet to see the older one's interact with the younger one's and vice-versa.

Below are some pictures of Samantha with her new British friend Ms. Janet. I could tell Ms. Janet got a kick out of Samantha. Samantha painted a flower vase for her and then they tossed a ball back and forth. Samantha spilled paint on her nice shoes as well as hit her in the head with the ball. I kept apologizing for Samantha but I don't think she could hear me.

No comments: