I have been testing out the convection option on our oven with different dinners and I think I finally nailed it on this one. Convecting the tenderloin helped to seal in the juices of the meat and made it taste more flavorful. Prior to this, the only successful dinners I have convected have been frozen pizzas!
The purpose of a convection oven is to cook food faster, at a lower temperature, and with better results. The trick is to time it right. I have been using the general rule that you should cook things about 20 to 25% less than you would in the regular oven and at a slightly lower temp. For this recipe I actually kept the temp at 450 but it only took 15 minutes.
A few changes to the recipe below also included using whole-wheat bread (I can't remember the last time I bought white bread) and I used a blend of Parmesan Romano cheese.
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
Yield
4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork)
Ingredients
1 (1/2-ounce) slice white bread
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons grated fresh Romano cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
1 garlic clove, minced
Cooking spray
Preparation
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place slice of bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/4 cup. Combine the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, cheese, and 2 teaspoons thyme in a shallow dish. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Combine Dijon mustard, fennel seeds, and garlic in a small bowl. Rub pork with mustard mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Place the pork on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink). Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
No comments:
Post a Comment