Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Little Artist

I think we finally have found Samantha's "must have" item. Markers! She refers to them as "colors" and she refers to them often. The first thing she says when we go to get her out of her crib in the morning or after her nap is, "colors". She continues to say "colors" until we give them to her (we keep trying to hide them thinking she will forget about them).

The problem is the mess. She is drawing on the floors, the doors, walls, furniture and of course, herself. And even though the box says they are washable, it still freaks me out to see blue and red scribbles on my couch (which does indeed come out - thank you Crayola!)

The good thing is that the inside of our house still needs to be painted (hence the blue tape you see in all the photos of our house) so we will be painting over anything that does not come off. However, I feel like she is getting the wrong idea that it is okay to color everywhere and anywhere. I can't keep up with her, my little Picasso races around the house with multiple markers screaming "COLOR, COLOR, COLOR"!

Of course her Daddy, the artist, is so proud :)

1 comment:

The Paskins said...

How did you get marker out of the couch? I've got a few "artistic renditions" on mine that need to be removed :)