Sunday, May 10, 2009

Can't Take The Heat

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past few days, you must know that Santa Barbara was on fire, or I should say still is. As of right now, the Jesusita Fire is 55% contained leaving behind about 80 damaged or destroyed homes. We have friends that were very close to losing their homes and even some who did. Our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected by the fire.


Images like the one above combined with the sounds of helicopters practically in our living room is not something I will ever forget.

I thought I would also share how our dear Lollipop reacted to the fire. We don't have A/C like most homes in Santa Barbara. I am actually kicking myself because when we were at the point in our remodel when we installed the heat, we talked about getting A/C. I cheaped out and said we didn't need it, no one else had it. However, when temperatures reach the triple digits outside, the inside of your house is dreadfully hot, almost unbearable. You end up sweating bullets, fans are buzzing in every room and all you can talk about is how hot it is and how you wish you had A/C. On top of that, with the fire, you can't open your doors or windows because of the smoke and ash.

Thus, here is our little Lollipop, overheated, draped over the couch, trying to maintain her cool wishing she had been included in the A/C discussion last year:

1 comment:

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

We are praying for all those affected by the fires. With no A/C and all the ashes it sounds like you need to hang out at Ron and Cathy's. :) Poor poor Lollipop. I hope it all ends soon!