Our baby is 8!
Birthday Breakfast!
Samantha has been making Thatcher's breakfast every school morning for over a year now. I can't say that it always looks the best but she sets her alarm to wake up school mornings at 6:30AM and makes both her and Thatcher's breakfast (she gets his order the night before). Neither kid is a morning person so this is a BIG task she does. And while I'd like to say it is because she is the best big sister ever (it is some of that for sure), she also DOES NOT LIKE TO BE LATE anywhere especially school or sports. So, this is her way of making sure everyone stays on task in the morning and I am quite proud of her. 😇
Okay, now back to the birthday boy. 😊
We opened some gifts.
He had a second grade celebration.
The kids went around the room saying something nice to Thatcher. I showed up on time to his celebration but they ended up starting his celebration early so I missed what all the kids said but the last little girl, Alina, was so cute!
Sam joined us for cupcakes.
And this year all Thatcher wanted was a party for two and the guest of honor, Jack! How did I get so lucky with what turned out to be the easiest party ever?!
First stop, Cloud 10!
The place was empty so the few staff they had were following us around and one of the rules is you can't hang on the rim after you dunk. Well, Thunder and Lightening couldn't quite grasp that rule so we were ushered out of the basketball area. 😬
We took a break for Dippin' Dots
Jack was a little concerned on the position he got himself into.
Not too worry, Thatcher's got his buddy. 👬
He could have chosen any restaurant for his birthday dinner but chose to stick close to home and have Mesa Cafe.
Trying desperately to perfect this trick.
Finally!
Jack was convinced we couldn't see his hand. 😂
They split Thatcher's favorite sandwich, The Yater.
I mean...
We bumped into Mr. Silva which was a nice surprise!
Gift time!
They brought Thatcher out flan. It's definitely an acquired taste and he was ready for Lovin' Spoonful immediately.
They couldn't let this pose go! And look who is on the screen behind them!
One last celebration with the Yankees at Thatcher's baseball game the next day.
Yes, I know, I need some birthday themed trays.
And that was the end of the easiest birthday celebration ever. Makes me kind of scared for what he is going to ask for when he turns nine. 😆
















































No comments:
Post a Comment