Last year, I decided it was too hectic to arrange for a professional photographer to photograph all five of us. The stress level went down immensely with only having to figure out what the two kids and dog were going to wear.
This year, the window to have professional photos taken was closing and I have thought all these years of holiday cards arriving in the mailbox, that my favorites are not always the staged professional family photos. They are nice to have once in a while but I am pretty sure most families are like us, you take them, and then they are just in digital format rarely printed out. So, I thought we'd skip that whole (expensive) process and I'd give the iPhone and Todd's photography skills a try.
Testing outfits.
A version of these outfits won the popular vote and then we were off to the beach just as the lighting was getting good.
As you can see, amazing lighting and background but perhaps the beauty of a professional photographer is you most likely aren't related to them so they can get your kids (and dog) to cooperate easier.
Even Lollipop kept blinking.
Drumroll..... this made the front of the card.
And this made the back of the card.
AND I am printing these out for my wall ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment