Monday, February 23, 2015

Reading Poems


I found theses gems at Costco and little did I know that Samantha had already been introduced to them in first grade. She jumped for joy when I surprised her with them. I used to love both of these books. It is funny to hear Samantha pick out her favorite poems and read them. I was in her class the other day and her teacher was reading "Us" shown below. All the kids were laughing hysterically and Mrs. Doering closed the book and said, "Thank you Samantha for the suggestion." 


I've banned "potty talk" from our house (which is really hard when you have a four-year-old boy) so the fact that her teacher said "pee" had Samantha and every other kid in tears. 


You can imagine the giggles these poems get. I suppose I let the "no potty talk" rule go at times with this book. Ah, the memories! 



Samantha reading "Sick." 

No comments: