Thursday, March 20, 2014

Random February Photos



Check out this AWARD-WINNING snack stadium my sister-in-law, Heather, made for the super bowl! Isn't it amazing?! Isn't she talented?! You have to check out the stop motion video on her blog of the making of it: http://msjonesnyc.blogspot.com/2014/02/snack-stadium.html Then you should check out the rest of her blog to see all the cool info-graphics she designs for Time Magazine. Amazing!


It's old news now but the Broncos lost pretty bad that day. 




Some took it harder than others but at least we got to snack on that super stadium ;)


Samantha celebrated the 100th day of kindergarten. 


And look, she still had those baby front teeth ;)



Fallon came over for dinner and requested buttered noodles and meatballs for dinner. I love that girl.


100% on Sam's spelling test which was a fundraiser (seriously when isn't there a fundraiser at school?!) called the Spell-A-Bration. For every word she got right, the pledges she received from friends and family had to pay up. One-letter spelling test words??? I'm thinking the PTA chose the words for this one. ;)


When Daddy makes lunch the kids get WAY better notes.  Oh well….



I love how much Lollipop cuddles with Samantha now. She is still a little timid around Thatcher because 4-year-olds aren't as gentle with her but with Samantha she is happy to cuddle up and have her head scratched which is her favorite thing in the world. 




If you stop scratching her head she will nudge and lick your arms until you start again. 



So sweet. 


We celebrated Auntie Holley's birthday by surprising her with a sweet ride downtown. 






First stop, Sama Sama Kitchen for drinks and apps. Which is funny because in my mind I thought we were going to Toma Restaurant but I got the two restaurants mixed up and we went to Sama Sama. Oh well.  


After Holley and I hit up the Pickle Room bar downtown, we met back up with the fam and our friend Meredith at Harry's. 



Girls' Night Downtown



Happy that 2nd front tooth came out shortly after the first ;)


Business lunch in Newport Beach at R + D Kitchen


The perfect lunch.


It was animal month at Thatcher's preschool.


I brought Lollipop in for Thatcher to share.  


Normally Lollipop steers clear of preschoolers because they chase after her but I passed out some treats to each of the kids and then let Lollipop off the leash. That dog will get over any fears for food. 


We went through all of Lollipop's tricks: Sit, Stay, Come, Lay Down, Spin. She basically didn't do one command because she was too obsessed with knowing there were treats near. 


We took the kids to their first Gaucho basketball game. Okay, it was my first Gaucho basketball game too. I think. I honestly am not sure if I ever went to a game when I went to college there. 



If you know the Deakyne family, you aren't surprised to see that we bumped into them there ;)


Thatcher and a big shoe. 


Thatcher and big gloves. 


We spent a lovely afternoon of beer tasting at the Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens which I had never been there before either. I need to get out more! 




I am happy these shoes got too small for him.


Because the whole Croc + sock thing was not working for me. 


Fallon is OBSESSED with Lollipop. I taught her to scratch Lollipop's head so that Lollipop would tolerate her ;)


Lollipop is starting to warm up don't ya think ;)


Late night at Holley's ;)


Early morning flight to San Francisco for GMM. 



Samantha's dream dress at SFO. 


Jack joined us for cinnamon roll Friday one rainy day. 


I'll take this kid any Friday because he took one bite and decided his hands were too sticky and he didn't want it anymore. Sticky hands don't bother me so that worked out well for me ;)


When the guitars come out at Happy Hour, you know it has been a good night ;)


It's always fun bike riding downtown to the wig store. 


Sports Authority is the free gym for our kids. 


No comments: