Thursday, August 22, 2013

Spit Curls and Salt Caves

We had the most random Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago.  

Shopping with her spit curls 

For two weeks, Samantha pretty much looked like this with bright red lipstick that would not come off no matter how hard you scrubbed and spit curls that were so coated with spirit gum that they too were a permanent fixture glued to her face.  Every once in a while we would bump into other people who had somehow been affiliated with flamenco and they would understand Samantha's look.  Those unfamiliar, well, who really cares. 


So, on this random Sunday we took the waterfront shuttle down to the beach. 



Played pool and drank margaritas (Shirley Temples for the kids) at Endless Summer. 


Dinner at Brophy's


Have I mentioned this before?  I think one of the best burgers in town is at Brophy's which is best known for their seafood (and the view!). 


Taking the shuttle home.





And then somehow (one too many margaritas???) we ended up at the Salt Cave.  Visit their website because honestly I still can't figure this place out. 


Samantha made Salt Angels.


Thatcher got to work doing some digging and we tried to relax in the zero-gravity chairs. 

And then I began to gross out thinking about all the bare feet on the salt.  I heard both of my kids mention something about "tasting the salt".  On top of that, the lady working there kept shhhhhing us and saying "this is a quiet zone".  Time to go!

Saved by Pinkberry!



See, totally random, right?

No comments: