Monday, August 19, 2013

Romeria de Verano

We've since wrapped up Fiesta season a few weeks ago but leading up to it was the Linda Vega Dance Studio annual showcase called the Romeria de Verano.  This is where all the flamenco dancers get to perform at the Marjorie Luke Theatre for family, friends and the community.  This was to be Samantha's first dance recital ever!


A practice dress rehearsal with unfinished costumes at the studio.  



Dress Rehearsal 




The actual night of the Romeria.  Proud daddy in the audience!


All the grandparents came up to watch!



No video was allowed but I am going to brag for a second.  Samantha really REALLY surprised me, she was good!  To be honest, I wasn't sure flamenco was her thing all these months.  I also wasn't sure if she would actually go on stage.  We had invested so much time and money in this that I joked with other parents that if she didn't go on stage, I would figure out a way to get that costume on and perform the routine myself!  Well no embarrassment of Mama Fallon was necessary because that night she came out on stage with a smile ear to ear, shaking her hips, doing every single move as she should.   We have a performer! 



Thatcher is in our family, I swear. 




We were all so proud of Samantha and looking forward to Fiesta! 

No comments: