A couple weeks ago I checked in with Thatcher's preschool teacher, Ms. Cindy, regarding Thatcher and how he was doing at school. Thatcher really REALLY loves school and all he talks about when he is not at school is school! He loves his friends, the teachers, the tricycles, music class, the snacks, the toys, everything! So I figured I would just get a glowing update from Ms. Cindy since at least on his end, it doesn't seem like it could go any better than it already is!
Ms. Cindy said to me, "Well, Thatcher is a really sweet boy and I enjoy having him in class. There is one thing that we are trying to work on with him. He has a difficult time sitting still." This is not earth shattering news to me. He doesn't sit still much at home. He is a boy, a VERY active boy. And at the time, he wasn't even 3 years old yet (he turned 3 yesterday!). Ms. Cindy continued, "Thatcher is the youngest in my class. He is two and some of the students are four." Okay, well that explains things more. That is quite an age gap so I imagine when they do activities where they are required to sit still and pay attention, it makes sense that the four-year-olds are setting a better example than my sweet 2-year-old. Ms. Cindy reassured me that he is a joy to have in class and not to worry. I'm not worried but I thought I would have a little talk with Thatcher.
So, the next time I took Thatcher to school I spent the entire drive talking to Thatcher about paying attention, sitting still, following directions etc. He was very quiet in the back seat which I took as a sign that he was taking it all in because all 2-year-olds listen, right? ;) As we reached the school and I started to unclip him from his car seat I said, "Thatcher, do you understand everything I told you?" To which he replied, "Who were you talking to?"
So with that I say, good luck getting my kid ever to sit still ;)

3 comments:
He must have thought you were on the phone. Hilarious!
That is too funny!
Brock is one of the youngest in his class, too. It's hard when they give constructive feedback sometimes because I think the teachers forget how much younger they are. I can't wait for Brock and Thatcher to hang out and RUN around together. :-)
Post a Comment