Sunday, March 24, 2013

3-Year Checkup


The difference between taking Thatcher to the doctor when Sam was his age is night and day.  Every visit to the doctor up until about age four with Samantha was so nerve wracking.  She was so afraid.  Thatcher, on the other hand, LOVES going. 




The first thing Dr. Abbott said when he walked in was that he would be skipping the part where he asks me how his speech and vocabulary are doing because from the moment he walked in, Thatcher would not stop talking and asking questions.  "What's this? What's that?"  Throughout the entire exam he was a little chatter box.  


Shots?!  Finger prick?! Yes please!  "I like pokes." 


This is his, "that hurt a little more than I thought it would smile."


But really, he was happy about the whole process, especially his new bandaids.  Dr. Abbott said he is a doctor's dream patient. He makes up for all the times Samantha was so hysterical ;)


And very sweetly, Thatcher spotted Gwendolyn and very fitting that Thatcher was wearing his (counterfeit) GSF tee that Todd made ;)

Thatcher's 3-year Stats:

Weight: 33 pounds (50%)
Height: 38 inches (75%)

Samantha's 3-year Stats:

Weight: 31 pounds (50%)
Height: 38 1/2 inches (85%)



This is when Sam had her 3-year visit.


I love that I have a similar photo of Thatcher and Dr. Abbott above.  They both have such a curious looks on their faces.



And of course, Samantha not loving getting "poked" in the finger or having a shot in her arm like her brother ;)



No comments: