Oh, where do I start.....
Thatcher is obsessed with wearing pajamas. He always picks out some odd ball shoe choice too, usually it is rain boots. In the picture above he chose two different shoes that were both way too big for him. The Cars lunchbox is another obsession. He still likes dinosaurs but has made room for the movie Cars although he has never once lasted longer than five minutes of watching that movie. Spider Man is another sudden favorite too.
See what I mean about the shoes, those are Sam's pink flip flops..... Thatcher has won the battle over clothes, we are over it!
I finally had to pitch these boots that he has been wearing since he could walk because they had fallen apart so badly.
Some days he refuses to take his bike helmet off.
I am not kidding, he will wear it ALL day!
These are pajama pants that he somehow made a dress (and tail) out of.....
And we've lost count on how many times he has hit his head in this exact same spot.
He has absolutely no interest in going to preschool. He is just fine with the pick-up/drop-off process we do with Samantha. 10 minutes of playing while there is all he wants to do. When I ask him if he is ready to go to school he says, "No, I want to stay home with Mommy and eat pasta." As if that is what we do all day?!
He logs an awful lot of time in our gym Kid's Club which he totally loves so I guess for now the gym is his preschool. The plan is to enroll him in preschool next January, we shall see what happens.....
He has mastered his tricycle, scooter and balance bike so now he is on to his big boy bike (Thanks Connor!)
We are still working on the potty training. He is actually more consistent with going #2 in the potty than #1. When he does go in his diaper he will say to us, "something is heavy in my pants." That always makes for interesting looks when he says it in public....
This week we've turned a corner with the potty training because I am bribing (rewarding) him with gum.
Listening to Thatch talk is really cute. His sentences usually start off with, Hey guys or Actually or Because. And he's always saying, Just a second or Be right back! Yesterday he surprised me by yelling out, What the heck?!
He can also tell you all about dinosaurs. He'll go on and on about the omnivores, the herbivores, the carnivores. He can point out a Quetzalcoatlus and a Trachodon to name a few.
He can also tell you all about dinosaurs. He'll go on and on about the omnivores, the herbivores, the carnivores. He can point out a Quetzalcoatlus and a Trachodon to name a few.
When he knows he is in trouble he starts to cry and tries to pull a fast one on us by acting as if he is hurt. As soon as we tell him he is in a time-out he all of a sudden has a tummy ache or needs a band aid for his finger. When you confront him on what he did wrong he shakes his head back and forth and says very seriously, "I don't. I don't do that. No, I don't. I didn't. No, not me. Not Thatchie."
He has started to skip naps once in a while. In fact, as I type this it sounds like he is building a bomb in his room with all the commotion I hear. He is talking to himself, playing with toys and about every 15 minutes or so he is yelling for water, or a snack, or if he can get up or if Daddy is home......
He is still really sweet but there are days where I tease him that someone ate the sweet part of Thatchie to which he replys, "he is in my tummy." The days that sweet Thatchie is in his tummy are days when I want to pull my hair out. Sometimes he wants to be held all day, or left alone all day, or he is opening and closing the cupboards and refrigerator over and over and OVER!
He is a pretty good eater or I should say snacker. Snack, snack, snack - all day long! Lollipop knows to stand underneath Thatcher's chair at dinner time since for the most part he feeds her his entire meal...
Most mornings he ends up in our bed. I sometimes stare at his little chest moving up and down as he breathes and I can't get enough of his little shoulders.
He is so peaceful (and quiet!) - I just take it all in because I know as soon as those eyes open it is GO time with all the energy this little guy has.
Thatchie, your daddy and I love, Love, LOVE you so much. It is hard to even remember life without you. You have such a sweet personality and you march to the beat of your own drum.
And finally, here is our Sammie at 2 1/2. More pictures here.




















2 comments:
Laughing. Still.
I love the picture of him in the boots on the bike in just a diaper and a helmet. We love that Thatchie man. Happy 2 & 1/2 little buddy.
We miss you like crazy.
XOXO Connor, Chris, Auntie La & baby Jessica.
Post a Comment