Sunday, September 9, 2012

She Did It!

Samantha FINALLY completed 10 days of good behavior, actually EXTRA good behavior I would say since the "rules" were pretty strict, and we had our date to the toy store.
 
 
Samantha contemplated for about 10 minutes between this Barbie and the ICEE machine.  I did my best to steer her away from the $45 Barbie that I knew would last about a day before all the little pieces were lost and she would end up at the bottom of the toy bin with the rest of her Barbies. Of course she ended up selecting the Barbie but had a change of heart when she spotted a gigantic, three tiered makeup set that was $50.  I know I said she could pick anything, no matter how much, but $50 worth of messy kids makeup, yuck!  I would rather buy the Barbie. 
 
 
Poor Thatch thought he was selecting something for his good behavior.  Samantha didn't want to wait for a day that just the two of us could go.  Literally the moment she placed the tenth sticker on the chart she was begging for me to take her.  So, Thatcher tagged along with us and dragged multiple toys over to me saying he found what he wanted and was ready to go.  Sorry little guy, you stop peeing in your pants (he has a potty training chart) and you can choose whatever you want. ;)
 
 
And here is the end result with a little help from me.  I found a Barbie knock-off that came with 10 dresses and 10 shoes.  I threw in the bag as an extra so that she could keep all the pieces together.  Sold!
 
 
Oh and Thatcher did get a bag, although empty, but he got something.
 
 
 
A new chart has started for Samantha and we are one sticker down, nine more to go.  If only we could get Thatcher to make more progress on his chart...