Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reese and Jack

Last week I was the proud owner of FOUR kids! Two four-year-olds, a two-year-old and an almost two-year-old.

Mike and Sarah lent me their kiddos for 24 hours and I have to say, I think I can handle four if they all behaved as well as this group did.  My only request is that I have a minivan instead of an SUV with a third row because getting all the kids in and out of my car was pretty difficult.  And who am I kidding, you can do just about anything for 24 hours ;)



While Sam was at school, we started the morning off with protein shakes in which Reese exclaimed, "This is the BEST milkshake I have EVER HAD!"   Trust me, my protein shakes are not nearly as good as a milkshake but I took the compliment ;)





Next stop, the gym.  Especially after all the energy we had after having our protein shakes.

Side note: holding hands was a common theme.  It's what you have to do when you need to trust the multiples not to run away from you.


Reese had me cracking up the whole time she was with us.  She would say the funniest, most random things.  On the way to the gym she said to me, "Ronda, I am going to ask my Mommy if you can come to our church.  We don't talk about God or Jesus.  We just color and watch princess movies.  But you might have to go sit with the 'jailmen'."  Which later after some questioning I learned that "jailmen" was "gentlemen".  See I told you she was random and funny, and I think that is my kind of church!


We came home, had lunched and then got ready to go get Samantha from school.  Upon learning it was time to FINALLY pick Sam up from school Reese said, "Samantha is going to be SO SHOCKED when she sees me.  SHOCKED!"




 Preschool pickup was even more fun when Reese saw that Connor was there.


On the way back home Reese enlightened me with another one of her gems, "My mom says going fast is called speeding and if you do it you will go to jail." 


The first day I was only able to get the boys to nap.  Two out of four isn't bad, right?  Jack was my "A student".  He was so easy to put down for nap and bedtime.  He looks like he is giving me a sad look for putting him in the pack-n-play but in reality he is just hoping I leave the room so he can go to sleep.  I am so used to my kids pulling every trick out of the book to delay nap time.....Oh and he also called me "Mom" the whole time.  (Sarah it was only 24 hours, I know he missed you) ;)


After the girls "napped" they played what they called, "Snow White Sisters".


And Jack would have napped longer but Thatcher walked into his room and was ready to play. 


As soon as Todd came home we got ready for dinner.  I kind-of , sort-of promised the kids video games and pizza from Taffy's but we just weren't feeling it.   Reese suggested Lazy Acres because that is where she has cookies for dinner.  And then she said, "Can we go to the place that looks like a triangle called Fubbycom?  They have sandwiches and salads there."  We couldn't figure out what Fubbycom was so we continued on with our white lie of Taffy's being closed and headed for Los Gallos.

 Don't these fajitas look better than Taffy's pizza?  I am not sure how it compares to Fubbycom.


Thatch had a small burrito...


Side note: we used a little of Jack's hair gel on Thatch.  It didn't quite work.....



 Jack lived up to his reputation of being a good eater.

Bath time




Matching jammies of Never Give Up shirts.

Little Ms. Reese was the last to fall asleep....


The next morning everyone had cereal except for Reese.  She wanted peanut butter toast.  She said to me, "This is the BEST peanut butter I've ever had!"  It was almond butter....  And then she only ate one half and brought me the other piece and very seriously she said, "Um Ronda, I'd like to save this for my mom."

Sam got dressed in an outfit similar to Reese.




I tried my hardest to get a picture of all four of them....


But Thatch wanted no part.....

Until I offered up jelly beans.


Even then he was being a bit of a poor sport.

It may have been Jack's screaming.  Which by the way, I would have given Jack an A+ instead of just an A if he kept the screaming to a minimum. ;)

Off to the gym again... perhaps I am able to handle four kids so easily because of my long workouts while they were in the Kids Club ;)






My two sets of twins ;)


Smoothie time!



After smoothies I got the kids home and put them all down for naps at about noon.  All four slept for over 3 hours.  Believe me, I was patting myself on the back for getting all 4 to nap at the same time and for that long. 

On my way to return the kiddos to their mom, Reese (and Sam) gave me one last one-liner, "If my mom speeds, she will go to jail and they will lock her up for a million years." To which Sam replied, "And then you won't have a mom and you will have to live with me forever and ever."   

Reese, I'd take you (and your brother) in a heartbeat, and for the record, I was not speeding!

3 comments:

SB in SB said...

i loved this blog! i was cracking up the entire time. such wisdom those kids have! and thanks for so many fun pix! maybe next time you can school jack on what happens to little boys who scream. hint: he may run into some speeders there. ;-)

Reese and Jack's Gwamma said...

Aw . . . You didn't ever get to Fubbycom? I always go there. After all, Gwammas know everything about everywhere. Well, that's what they tell me, but I'm not so sure about that.
I'm glad you had such a good time. I'm jealous!

The Paskins said...

I am DYING laughing! You nailed the kids spot on - and those Reese-isms are some of her better pieces of work :) Thank you thank you thank you for loving our kids while we were gone...I can't express how lucky we are to have friends that I can say "Here, take them, you know what to do, bye!"

And I'm stumped on Fubbycom!