Sunday, May 1, 2011

Santa Barbara Fair

We had the best time at the fair this past Saturday.  I have to say that I was a bit skeptical that it was going to be dirty, expensive and a complete bust but honestly it wasn't.

Samantha LOVES the Wizard of Oz so we lucked out on the theme this year.

How cute are these alpacas?

Fuzzy alpacas!

These little goats were about a week old.  You could still see their umbilical cords!

They were so friendly and sweet.



I had to get a video of them.  They were all still learning how to walk.   


Who knew goats produced so much milk?!

Speaking of milk....
Thatcher enjoyed dancing to all the music that was blaring from each ride.
The car ride was Sam's favorite.

While Samantha enjoyed the cardboard Oz people, she was on the hunt to meet the real Dorothy.  I think she was under the impression that we were at a Disneyland-like place....





 

Samantha happily volunteered to be the Science Guy's sidekick. 


Good old fashioned Fair food - Tri Tip Sandwiches, Fries and Beer.

We FINALLY found Dorothy.  Sam didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she was cardboard too.

Tempted to try these.....

But we went for the cotton candy instead.


And yes, that is ME on that ride.  We had a bunch of ride tickets left over so Todd and I thought we would select the "least scary" ride.  Our rationale for choosing the Fire Ball was because you don't go upside down.  Apparently we weren't paying close attention to the previous riders because we were wrong.  There was a point that I was sure I was going to end up on the 101 freeway or everyone was going to know what I had for lunch.  When I got off the ride I was shaking and my knees were buckling making it hard for me to walk. 

As you can tell from Todd's expression and his hands in the air, he had a different experience than me.

  Until next year.... 

2 comments:

SB in SB said...

i so want a baby goat now. . . . and the fried snickers.

marina said...

Nothing cuter than a newborn Nubian goat!