Thursday, May 5, 2011

Earrings!

CLIP Earrings (don't freak out Mom)!


I'd say the only problem with having a 9 year old neighbor that comes over all the time is that everything she has, Samantha wants.  Whether it be getting her ears pierced, getting those feather hair things that all the kids are wearing, temporary tattoos on the lower back (no thank you!), makeup and so on and so forth, I am constantly saying, "you are not old enough."

Last weekend Samantha and I had a date with just the two of us, actually the three of us because Lollipop came too, and after our day at Elings Park, I took her to the store she thinks is the absolute greatest thing on the planet, Claire's.  I gave her a choice, a feather to be sewn in her hair or clip earrings.  After a lot of back and forth and some manipulation of trying to get both, she went for the sparkly, blue butterfly earrings.

Once I put the earrings on her she had a grin that would not go away.  When we got home she couldn't wait to show Daddy.  And then, about a half  hour into  wearing them, she lost one of them.
 

Guess where we found it?!  In Thatcher's ear!  No, just kidding.  His mouth though.....

 So as of right now, she still owns a pair and I am going to say that by far this has been the most coveted possession she has ever had.  I think it surpasses gum and lip gloss by just a smidgen.

I am not sure when we will let Samantha get her ears pierced.  I am leaning towards waiting until she can properly take care of them herself.  I think I was in junior high before my parents let me.  And then shortly after that I remember my sister taking me to the mall and we made a stop at Merle Norman (remember that store?! Actually I just googled it to find it is still around, who knew?!)  and I some how left the store with multiple piercings up my ear.  I vaguely remember we forged a note saying that our mom said it was okay, or did my sister have an ID that said she was 18? Or did we say she was my mom? Or maybe you only had to be 16 back then?? I can't remember. I do remember that I made a bee-line straight for my room when we got home and covered my ears with my hair so my parents couldn't see.

Just so you know, Samantha, you will never be old enough for real tattoos or multiple piercings, EVER! ;)

1 comment:

Stone Family said...

Don't worry Sammy Auntie Lala will pretend to be your mom and I'll take you for that 1st tattoo. LOL