Tuesday, September 7, 2010

6 Month Doctor Visit




Thatcher had his 6 month check up today and he seemed to enjoy the appointment.  The doctor was very impressed that he is already crawling but not so impressed to learn that he sleeps with Mom and Dad, we STILL swaddle him (if I don't, he will crawl or roll off our bed) and he gets up to eat all hours of the night.  None of this has actually bothered any of us because despite getting up to eat once in a while (okay, sometimes A LOT) he goes right back to sleep and will sleep late.  We really haven't experienced any sleepless nights since we brought Thatcher home. 

  With Samantha, we had her on a pretty tight eating and sleeping schedule, and we rarely, if ever, let her sleep in our bed.  And with Thatcher, we decided to go with a "whatever works" approach, and I have to say, Thatcher wins the prize hands down of being an easier baby.

With all that being said, we are about to move the two of them into a room together.  While I hope it all goes smoothly, I am pretty darn sure Thatcher is going to be pissed, (that is the nicest way I could put it), that he isn't sleeping next to Mom, swaddled all cozy, and eating whenever he feels like it. Hopefully he has been listening when I say all the time how perfect he is and he won't hold a grudge.

Height: 27 1/4 inches 75%
Weight: 17 lbs 15 oz.  60 % 
  

Samantha at 6 Months
Height: 27 1/2 inches  97%
Weight: 16 lbs 14 oz. 75%


P.S.  If anyone has any advice on a toddler and a baby sharing a room, I'd love some.  My main concern is the two of them waking each other up during naps/bedtime. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear whatever advice you get on sharing a room! We've tried it two different nights and each time, chickened out and moved Ollie out in the middle of the night. But I guess he can't sleep in the pack n' play forever...or can he???
Thatcher is so darling!
-Daalia