Saturday, February 13, 2010

Story Time

I have lived in Santa Barbara for 15 years and have never set foot in our local downtown library. It must have been the endless hours of studying I did at the UCSB library during college that has kept me away ;) In any case, there is a reason to start going now. They have a really nice children's area with more than just books. They have puzzles, stuffed animals and other activities plus they offer a free story time each week and Samantha LOVED it!




Notice where she is sitting in this picture

And where she ends up.....

The librarian actually kept telling Samantha to move back a little so the other kids could see. I tried to pull her back but she started to throw a fit so I just ignored the situation (which is my latest parenting technique I have adopted when I become embarrassed of my own child). Which by the way came in handy when she wanted to take all her clothes off in a restaurant the other night after she spilled on herself. I started to act like I couldn't hear her.......it worked!


You will see in this video that the librarian decided to just embrace Samantha's willingness to be up front and center, or as we say in our household "Become the Boss".

And then it was time for Samantha to show off her moves.

1 comment:

The Hall Family said...

So cute! We (The Junior League) are a big part of the renovation for the children's section of the library. It's a huge project but a much needed one as well. It's going to take a few years but it will be awesome!