Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Perks of Having a Daughter

I have to be honest, I have been very neglectful when it comes to keeping my toes nice and pedicured lately. It has to do with a combination of things but mainly it is because I am constantly in Uggs, the only shoes that fit my pregnant feet, and the fact that I can't see my toes because of my belly. Oh and one other major factor is finding the time to go since I need to find a time/day when Samantha is with a babysitter or with Daddy.

Samantha has been getting weekly manicures from Dancing Grandma so I thought I would take a chance and take her to the nail shop to see if she would be up for getting a manicure/pedicure along with me.

She was a little hesitant at first but as soon as she got the hang of the massage chair and realized she could watch "Oprah" on the big flat screen, she was sold!

I am thrilled that it went so well since my swollen feet will soon be disappearing and now we can add this to the list of fun things we do together. Plus, the new baby can join us. I used to take Samantha with me when she was a baby up until she was about 6 months old. She used to just sleep in her car seat next to me.

And not to sound totally cheesy but it was really one of those Mother/Daughter moments that really was special.

Look at my little princess:

Getting the hang of the massage chair

She insisted we bring in our Chanel nail polish from home (okay, that was Mommy's idea)

She went with Chanel color #367 Trapeze









This is the face I get when I ask her to say, "Cheese"


Walking out of the salon with her "spa shoes"

The last you will be seeing of my swollen feet very soon...........

3 comments:

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Swollen feet. Pshhh. You're one of those cute pregnant girls that just make me want to puke! :) Dude!!! 3 weeks left! I think it's a boy.

The Fowle Family said...

she is just the cutest!!!

Terri said...

First of all Ronda, you look so skinny for being almost due! You seriously look amazing. I do not see any sign of the swollen feet you were talking about. I agree with the Nelson Family! And second of all, your blog makes me so excited to have a girl!! Samantha is the coolest little girl! So cute! xo