Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PEEPS

I wish she didn't like them, but I am not surprised that she does, she is her father's daughter. Todd LOVES Peeps. I think they are GROSS. It's one of those candies you either love or hate.

I am enabler when it comes to these things because when I see them at the store, I buy them. And the worst part is that Peeps are not just around for Easter, they are a year-round thing, they have them for every holiday and season. They always end up in the sale bin at our grocery store a day after a holiday and I find myself grabbing several packs because they are some ridiculous deal like 4 for a quarter.





I am not going to worry about Samantha's dietary habits too much. While she will make her way through an entire pack of sugar-covered, corn-syrup filled, marshmellow Peeps, she will also consume a large bowl of broccoli or peas as if she were eating the most delicious meal ever. I think it is a good balance.

By the way, if you have nothing better to do, check out the Peep's website here. They have random fun facts about Peep's. My favorite's being:

Loyal PEEP's fans love their PEEP's fresh, frozen, stale and even on pizza!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you know there are now sugar-free Peeps? They're made with Splenda. I'm going to request the Easter bunny bring some to our house :)

Anonymous said...

Splenda is more dangerous than regular sugar. It's behind many deceases, mainly neurological ones.
Xylitol is a form of sugar you should look for if you have a sugar-craving. You can buy a cans of it at Lazy Acers. It taste just like regular sugar.

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

I'm a fan of Peeps too. My husband will not touch the stuff. I'm sure between Samantha and I we could polish off a few packages of them!